Doing it Right the First Time!
Our Quality Assurance System is a robust management system which aligns itself to the ISO 9001 standard. It allows Massy Wood to effectively and efficiently manage the services we provide to our clients by providing formal processes to address corrective and preventive actions, quality assurance / quality control activities and continual improvement initiatives.
Massy Wood’s Management System is independently approved to the ISO 9001:2015 international standard. After first being awarded certification in November 2009 to the then ISO 9001:2008, Massy Wood has successfully retained its certification. Our current ISO 9001: 2015 certificate was issued by Lloyds Register UK.
Massy Wood recognizes that quality of service is the key to increasing growth in customer base and client satisfaction. Our Quality Management System (QMS) works coherently with our operations, focusing on both Quality Assurance (prevention activities) and Quality Control (detection activities), allowing us to live up to our culture of ‘Doing it Right the First time!’
Our QMS also has been updated to ensure that Risk Management is incorporated in our business. It is vital that we understand all the risks that can affect our business and take proper mitigations to prevent them from occurring. As such Massy Wood’s Quality team is heavily involved in Enterprise Risk Management.
Our Quality inspectors are based on site with our execution teams to ensure first-hand “on the ground” coverage to ensure Quality Control is at the forefront.
Quality Assurance (QA) includes activities that are planned and implemented to ensure that quality is built in. At Massy Wood, this involves:
- Audits – internal process audits, contractor audits and surveillance
- Contractor Quality Management – Pre-qualification, selection
- Calibration of measuring and testing equipment.
- Review of ITP’s, work packs and welding procedures
Quality Control (QC) activities are used to detect any non-conformities and is most common at a field or operational level. These include:
- Incident investigations and non-conformance disposition
- Material verification and receipt inspection
- Contractor performance evaluation
- Review of Inspection and test results e.g. Non-destructive examinations, welding inspections, bolt torqueing etc.
- Review of handover dossiers